25 Random Things

>> Sunday, September 20, 2009

You know that facebook note where everyone wrote 25 random things about themselves? I was tagged multiple times, but never posted it. Well, here is my list. Finally.

1. I hate raw meat. I hate it. I love cooked meat. Love it.
2. I secretly believe that I have the best husband in the world and I wish all women could have a man in their life just like him.
3. I have a maid and cook. Some days I give her the day off because I want to be lazy and hang around in my pajamas and eat peanut butter sandwiches.
4. I loved living in China for the first little while, and then I hated it. Now I love it again and don’t want to leave. I get culture shock when I visit the U.S.
5. I love to eat healthy food. Spinach, dry toast, and the like taste good to me.
6. I also love to eat not-so-healthy food. But it has to be really good like a homemade pie or Dove chocolate. I once heard that it is no use wasting good calories on bad food.
7. I used to be surprised when people from countries outside the U.S. said that American food is too sweet. Now I agree and I cut down the sugar in a lot of my recipes.
8. I think I could eat Chinese/Asian food for the rest of my life.
9. I think most things (except Chinese food) taste better with a little cheese or Nutella.
10. There is nothing I love more than being with my family. My husband and I sometimes dream of working together. Too bad our fields of study don’t match!
11. When I married my husband I told him I’d follow him anywhere in the world except Texas. Three years later we moved to Texas. I loved it.
12. Phlegm is NOT my friend. I keep my phlegm to myself and I wish other people would show the same courtesy.
13. One of my favorite dates is listening to NPR online while cuddling and eating popcorn with my husband. Kevin Kling is my favorite storyteller.
14. People are fascinating and wonderful—every last one of them.
15. I have always wanted to travel and live all over the world. Living in the U.S. does not appeal to me right now—even though I love my country.
16. I can see both sides of almost every political issue and most of the time I can’t quite decide who is right or who I agree with. There are only a few issues I am set on and they don’t align with any one single political party in the U.S.
17. I have a master’s degree in U.S. History but I really don’t know anything. I do love the Civil Rights Movement, though, with all its facets.
18. I wish I could take all my undergraduate classes again just so I could remember it all.
19. I am thinking of another Master’s or Ph.D. Heaven help me.
20. I am surprised by how much I love my son’s pet turtle and hamster.
21. I wrote this and then edited it and then let it sit and then edited it again before I finally posted it. I almost never got it posted. This is the story of my life.
22. My parents are wonderful people with hearts of gold. I can only hope to be as good of parents as they are.
23. I don’t think I’ll ever get used to public squatters in China.
24. I start wearing long underwear when the weather dips below 65 degrees Fahrenheit.
25. I can eat three pomegranates in one sitting and enjoy every bite.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template

Back to TOP