Handyman Sam

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

Sam is growing up. I've noticed it more in the past few days. He's keeping things personal, shutting the door to his room, thinking about things and taking more responsibility. It's a subtle shift that I suppose has been happening for a while now. It's really neat to watch him grow.

Tonight is a good example. We were making s'mores for FHE when a handle on the cabinet fell off. Matt is at a conference today, so he wasn't here to fix it. I didn't think twice about it because the roasted marshmallows were calling me at the moment.

Sam came in a minute later with a screwdriver and started to fix it. He got the right screwdriver head and figured out what needed to be done. I didn't ask him. He just saw the need and did it. I was really impressed and proud of him.

It's bitter sweet to realize that he's really growing up. And at times like these I think he'll turn out just fine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template

Back to TOP