Ginger Cookies

>> Thursday, December 30, 2010

I've been asked for a few recipes lately so I'll post a few right now.

Every time I make these cookies for someone, they want the recipe. They're that good.

When I worked with Kim Miles in the RS in Bryan, she used to give these cookies to the people who didn't come to church. These cookies are so good that I half-considered becoming one of them just so I could get the cookies every month. Lucky she gave me the recipe and now I'm passing on the good will to you. Enjoy!

Ginger Cookies


Blend together:


¾ cup shortening


1 cup sugar


1 egg


½ cup molasses


Add dry ingredients:


2 cups flour


2 teaspoons baking soda


½ teaspoon salt


1 teaspoon ginger


1 teaspoon cinnamon


Set aside:


additional sugar in a bowl for rolling the dough



Preheat oven to 350°. Scoop the cookie dough and shape into balls. Roll the cookie dough balls in the sugar bowl. On a greased pan, evenly space the cookies dough balls. Leave enough room because the cookies will spread quite a bit. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven, but leave the cookies on the sheet to cool for 5 minutes. They will flatten. Remove the cookies and cool completely.



These are delicious with vanilla ice cream or on their own.

1 comments:

jai December 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM  

I'm totally sluffing church this week. Send cookies.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template

Back to TOP