The Bu Ke Qi Incident, by Samuel H. Simmons

>> Sunday, January 23, 2011

When me and my family first got to China, we had a little Chinese incident. It started out like a regular trip to a restaurant, but as we were walking out, Dad bumped into a waitress and stepped on her toe. What he had meant to say was “Dui bu qi” which means “I’m sorry,”, but it came out as “Bu ke qi” which means “You’re welcome”. All the waitress’s burst out laughing. It was really quite a scene. Even now I still laugh at him. (sigh) I miss the good old days.



(that’s the end of this post,)




(This post was written by Sam with no editing or prompting from his parents. He even came up with the name on his own. He loves to tell this story and watch his dad blush and squirm. I love to see the twinkle in his eyes as he tells it.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template

Back to TOP