O Tannenbaum!

>> Sunday, January 9, 2011

This year we decided to be adventurous and cut down our own tree. There is a wildlife refuge nearby that has some non-native trees they want to get rid of so they invite the public out to harvest them. We drive around the refuge, find a tree we want, and cut it down. All for only a small donation to the wildlife refuge. It's a win all around.

The snow was pretty deep and it was pretty cold. But we were bundled up and ready for the fun.



The first cut


My handsome hubby with the wildlife refuge in the background.




Cutting down the tree but missing the "Timber!" moment.





Sam with the felled tree.




This picture is a bit skiwampus (and, really, how do you spell that word?!) but it's because we tied the camera to another tree and let it dangle on timer mode. We wanted a picture of all of us with the tree but there wasn't else anyone near. It turned out perfect, in my opinion.

Oh yeah, and check out that coat I'm wearing! Matt bought it for me and it is so puffy and warm and long that I don't feel much of the cold. It's a Christmas miracle! Oh yeah, and there are multiple hat layers along with other clothes. It works, even if it looks puffy and maybe a little silly. I, the cold averse, stay warm... enough. That's what really counts.


Ready to head home with the tree tied on top.

Have I ever mentioned that I love our old Honda? I have decided that I would much rather have an old, dependable car than a nice, shiny new car payment. Sometime we'll need a new car but not now. This one works great.


And here is the finished product.


Merry Christmas everyone!


2 comments:

Leila January 10, 2011 at 7:49 AM  

Ha! The first thing I thought when I saw your coat was, "That is perfect for Carol!" :) How fun to cut your own tree. It looks great.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template

Back to TOP